At Vohra, we have a fixed curriculum. We spend our days improving it and adding to it and finding more efficient and effective ways to teach every topic to every single unique student that we meet. It’s a big, expansive curriculum, and it takes some time to get through it.

We have, over the years, made every effort to make the time it takes as short as possible. We are still making those efforts today. But, the curricula for Math, Reading, and Grammar all take some amount of time. The time it takes depends on your current academic level, academic gaps, academic fears and anxiety, and your ability to commit time and mental energy to this goal.

That said, sometimes you have a specific deadline. You HAVE to take the test in 4 months. Maybe your deadline is a year away. Maybe it’s next weekend. Whatever the deadline, if you have a specific time in mind, then you are doing a Fixed Time approach.

Of course, if your deadline is 4 years away, we will probably just make you a world-wide academic legend by then anyways… so you won’t need to worry too much about your SAT deadline. But, if your deadline is within 4 months, you should read through the Fixed Time section below to see what that approach means.

If your deadline is 2 years or more in the future, then you can check out the Fixed Amount approach below. Most likely, you’ll be able to be fully ready in that time, so you’re just looking at completing everything as fast as you want.

+ Fixed Time

You've chosen a "Fixed Time" program with Vohra Method. Here's what to expect:

  1. We do everything in order of priority, with fundamentals obviously given the highest priority. If, for example, you don't know how to add fractions, we will make sure you master that before doing a practice test!

  2. Your score may not go up at all. It also may go up several hundred points. We've seen both from students in fixed time programs.

  3. There is no rush version of our program. You may not even get to the first practice test.

Our course is the Olympics Training of SAT prep. If you'd like to do as much of that as you can in the time you have, we welcome you and hope to achieve as much as possible.

Here are ways to achieve as much as possible in the time you have:

  1. Make Vohra your number one priority. If you come in very often and work very hard for only a couple of months, you will likely see a solid improvement. If you come in infrequently and your mind is wandering elsewhere, you probably won't see any improvement. As with any academic endeavour, intentionally striving towards your goal makes all the difference.

  2. Turn off all music. For easy tasks, like school homework, music can help you stay on task. That's because those tasks take maybe 70% of your maximum mental ability. Music can pleasantly take up the remaining 30%. But Vohra Method problems are designed to push your brain past its limits. That means that if music is taking any attention at all, it will make it basically impossible to solve our challenge problems. A problem that is designed to take an hour might take ten or twenty hours if you have music on. And yes, this includes classical music.

  3. Turn off all chat notifications and other distractions.

  4. Parents: do not interrupt the student during class unless it is a life or death emergency. We operate at the intensity level you have during the SAT itself. Decisions about dinner or other daily topics can massively derail a student's focus. To help your child move as quickly as possible through the program, ensure that all distractions are eliminated!

+ Fixed Amount

You've chosen a Fixed Amount program! That means that you plan to keep doing Vohra Method training for as along as it takes. This will be several months at minimum, but can also be several years. If you have any deadline at all, you should consider switching to a Fixed Time program.

For most straight A students, Vohra Method takes several months.

For students who struggle with academics, it usually takes a year or more. If you struggle alot, expect 2-3 years.

If you already have a 1500+ score, you should be done in a few weeks.

However, these general guidelines are not time limits or guarantees of any kind. Even if you are a straight A student, Vohra Method can take over a year, depending on your intensity level during class, and how many academic gaps you have.

Here are ways to make the process go faster:

  1. Turn off all music. For easy tasks, like school homework, music can help you stay on task. That's because those tasks take maybe 70% of your maximum mental ability. Music can pleasantly take up the remaining 30%. But Vohra Method problems are designed to push your brain past its limits. That means that if music is taking any attention at all, it will make it basically impossible to solve our challenge problems. A problem that is designed to take an hour might take ten or twenty hours if you have music on. And yes, this includes classical music.

  2. Turn off all chat notifications and other distractions.

  3. Parents: do not interrupt the student during class unless it is a life or death emergency. We operate at the intensity level you have during the SAT itself. Decisions about dinner or other daily topics can massively derail a student's focus. To help your child move as quickly as possible through the program, ensure that all distractions are eliminated!